$20.00 Twilight Golf and Take Away – Wednesday 24th FebruaryPublished on 17th February 2021 in Golf News, Past News Story, Social News
Our Twilight Golf and Takeaway Pizza Night was due to be played today (Wednesday 17th February), but due to the 5 day lockdown, this event was unfortunately postponed. We have decided to move this event to next Wednesday 24th February and plan to feature our “Fish Night” later in our Twilight Calendar.
The evening will be very casual, with a selection of takeaway pizza’s being ordered in. The cost is just $20 per person and there is no green fee charge for members guests. Please click the link to book….CLICK HERE. Further details are listed below.
TIMESHEETS ARE NOW OPEN – Members will need to rebook onto the new timesheet.
- The hole in one competition will commence at 4:30pm. The cost is $5.00 for 2 ball.
- Dinner payments can be made directly to the Golf Shop. $20.00 per person. Correct cash payments is preferred to allow for speedy registration. Payments may also be deducted from Members’ House Accounts.
- Shot gun start 5:00pm (Holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 18 ).
- Dinner only guests should arrive at 7:00pm.
- Please advise of any dietary requirements prior to the event.
The format for the evening is Texas Scramble.
- Texas Scramble is a competition format that rewards both team and individual play using the popular Stableford format as a basis for scoring.
- All team members tee off each hole.The team captain should then select a ball to be used, being conscious of the need to use each players designated number of drives.
- Each team member’s tee shot must be used at least two (2) times per round.
- Once a drive is selected, all balls should be placed within 1 club length of the selected. Players then complete the hole with his/her own ball for the remainder of the hole using the stableford scoring system.
- You will be playing from the GOLD TEES.
- The 9 holes to be used are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,12, 13, 18. (Be careful when moving from the 13th green, across the 14th to the 18th tee to ensure there is no one teeing of 18)
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning team & runners up.
- Dinner will be served before presentations
- Our Somerville Village Meat Tray Raffle will also be available during dinner, so please bring along some cash if you would like to purchase tickets.
- General Information
- Please sign in via the COVID app on arrival to the Clubhouse.
- Visitors please ensure you note your home club on the card.
- Scorecard return to the clubhouse after golf.
Save the Date – Upcoming Twilights
Wednesday 17th March – Details TBC
Friday 26th March – Details TBC
We very much look forward to welcoming you to the Club. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We’re giving Chef Nick the night off from cooking and we’re ordering in! Book now for our first Twilight & Take Away Night on Wednesday 24th February.
Join in the fun at our 9 hole Texas Scramble event, followed by a casual take away dinner in the clubhouse. Golf, prizes, pizza and ice cream just $20.00 per person.
Our Hole in One Competition is back for 2021 and commences at 4:30pm. The NTP winner at our hole in one competition will go into our hole in one play off event on the night of the final twilight. $5.00 for 2 balls. Good Luck.
Hole in One Competition: 4:30pm – 5:00pm
Time: 5:00 pm Shot Gun Start
Golf: Texas Scramble
Includes: Golf, Casual Take Away Dinner, Competition and Prizes
Entry: $20.00 per person (Members and Guests)
Dinner Only: 7:00 pm – $20.00 per person
Bookings: Members please book on timesheet
Thank you to our Sponsors
Somerville Village Meats – Raffle Prize
Each table of 8 will receive the following items to share:
- Assorted Pizzas
- Garlic and Cheese Pizza
- Chef’s salad
Please note: Pizzas will be ordered in and will be served in a casual dining setting. If you do have any dietary concerns, please contact us prior to the day.