Covid Guidance Update – Course Re-Opens Wednesday 29thPublished on 28th September 2021 in Golf News, Local and Member News, Members News
As per the press conference held on Sunday the 26th of September held by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews, golf in metropolitan Melbourne will re-open as of 11.59pm Tuesday the 28th of September. Timesheets from Wednesday 29th will be open.
We have received further clarification from Golf Australia which are the following:
– Play must be in groups of two (for players who have received one or no vaccine doses); Play can be conducted in groups of four for players who are fully vaccinated (from a maximum of two households); bookings for groups of threes or fours must be made through the pro shop at selected time slots.
– Players must reside within 15km of the club/facility that they play at; Please click on the link below for a travel distance map around Flinders.
– Golf shops are not permitted to open, click and collect is permitted and recommended for golfers.
– Group coaching can take place with two people (for participants who have received one or no vaccine doses), or with up to five people (if all participants are fully vaccinated). The coach is excluded from these numbers;
– Club competitions must not be conducted.
– Handicapping of social scores is allowed via non-contact purposes, such as MiScore. This will be on the main competition days; Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays.
– All shared equipment – such as pull trolleys, sand buckets and hire clubs – must be sanitised after each use.
– Cart usage will be one player per cart. Unless the golfers are from the same household.
– Masks must be worn at all times unless there is a medical reason not to do so. This includes while playing golf;
– All staff, members and visitors must check in using the QR service.
Timesheets have been updated to groups of 2’s until the end of October. Members wishing to play in groups of 4’s are asked to provide the Golf Club with their certificate showing they have received both vaccinations. We will keep this private information on file for future golf bookings. This can be done by simply uploading your certificate via email to the pro Shop at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your patience during these difficult times, and we look forward to further changes happening at the end of October.
I look forward to seeing you all around the Club shortly.