Clubhouse NewsPublished on 23rd June 2020 in Course News, Golf News, Local and Member News, Local News, Members News
Clubhouse Opening! We pleased to announce that the Clubhouse will be opening to members from Thursday June 25th.
An audit of compliance has been completed this afternoon, and our hospitality team are working hard to ensure readiness by Thursday for service. Given the limited time between now and then, we will provide what we can on Thursday with a view to expand the offering in the days following. Initially, the clubhouse operating hours will be 11.30am until 6pm on competition days (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) and between 11am and 4pm on Sundays. These hours are subject to weather conditions and numbers on time sheets.
The staff are well versed in the regulations that are in place, and our members should be as well. It would be appreciated if you all had a look at the following information on the industry guidelines HERE, to ensure you are also compliant with the implemented rules.
In summary, we can service up to 20 persons per enclosed space, subject to the one person per four square metres rule.
We have assessed our clubhouse floor space, and historical timesheets as part of today’s audit and deemed one space, hence 20 people at a time will be sufficient. It has also been deemed appropriate to retain the large tables based on the required spacing as outlined on the DHHS website (above)
The key points to take note of:
- The clubhouse will be open from 11.30am to 6pm on competition days, with a service also offered on Sundays between 11am and 4pm.
- Walk ins are welcome, subject to availability (capacity), and must be accompanied by a member.\
- Coffee, drinks and ‘grab and go’ items will still be available from the clubhouse – however you must report to the check in desk when you go upstairs.
- Several safety precautions are required, including but not limited to extra cleaning, sanitising, guest registers. All the information on this can be found on the links mentioned above.
- Alcoholic beverages inside the clubhouse can be served with or without a meal, provided members are seated.
- Visits are limited to a maximum of one (1) hour under the current guidelines.
- The beverage list will be as normal, and the catering fare will be a short order menu, (available between 11.30am and 3.30pm) with various snacks also available until 5.30pm, however these will be individual portions. (no sharing plates will be available). It is anticipated that the short order, limited menu will continue for the remainder of the club financial year.
- Members are encouraged to download the club app as contactless payment is required.
These are unprecedented times for all involved, and as such we ask everybody to be patient with one another, as we adjust to this new normal.
Saturday Morning Coffee Van: This weekend, we have a special visitor planned. Liv from Mr Ed Coffee will be available in the car park between 7.30am and 11.00am (weather permitting of course). If you are on the time sheet, make sure you grab a coffee before you hit off – and if you are not on the time sheet, why not pop past on your morning walk! CLICK HERE for more information.